What should you look for in a virtual event suite?
This is the time when the event professionals have started taking virtual events seriously. They are considering it not just as a short term alternative to in-person events, but as a business networking solution in the long run. The best way to achieve this is via a virtual event suite, which can help achieve the 3 Ms of the virtual event.
What is a virtual event suite?
A virtual event suite is an integration of various event tech tools that combine together to provide perfect event experience. From lead generation and management to seamless hosting of the virtual event, from event analytics to ensuring digital presence, virtual event suite covers the entire event cycle.
Why a virtual event suite?
After the COVID-19 outbreak, the virtual event has taken a central role. If you wish to make the best out of this business opportunity, you must have a full-fledged strategy that can help you manage, market, and monetize the event. You can’t just depend on a conferencing tool. Instead, you should look forward to a virtual event suite. Here are these components of a virtual event suite which bring real meaning to the virtual meetings-
Social forum and Social feed
- Social media is an important element of your overall digital reach. You need a multi-channel social media integration within your tool.
- There is a social forum within the virtual event solution which allows sharing of event experience.
- To get a better understanding of event performance, it’s important to keep a track of social media buzz related to the event. Some virtual event suites provide you access to social media feed ( likes, comments, etc) from different social channels. All these activities are visible from a single station and you can take bulk actions on them if and when needed.
Lead generation and management
- A complete virtual event suite doesn’t just help you in hosting the event but also in monetizing it.
- You need the right leads to get the best out of the event, viz, visitor leads, exhibitor leads, sponsor leads, speaker leads.
- For lead generation, the virtual event solution comes integrated with the right event discovery/listing platform. It helps in enhancing the visibility of the event.
- Event-goers and other event stakeholders rely on event discovery platforms to search for the events. Thus, it’s always an advantage if you improve your event’s profile on such platforms.
- Once you generate these leads, the second step is to manage them so that you can translate them into footfall. The virtual event suite allows you to send mass messages to the leads. You can also export the leads to your personal CRM for further actions.
- Finally, when leads get converted, you can have the smooth onboarding wherein you may add & manage speakers, sponsors, or exhibitor profiles on the hosting tool.
- You need to establish pre, during and post-event communication channels to connect to your attendees.
- With the mass messaging feature, you can send automated reminders before the event to convey event-related instructions.
- During the event, you can use a broadcast messaging feature of the virtual hosting solution. Feedback sessions can be carried out by the end of the virtual event.
- In case you don’t want to take immediate feedback, you can automate feedback collection a few days after the event gets over.
- There are numerous ways to analyze the effectiveness of your virtual event performance.
- You can analyze the navigation of attendees through the event’s page at the event discovery platform. It can be tracked in the form of page views and impressions. Moreover, you may get further insights like device, geography, the channel of attendees.
- Analytics also provides you with competitive intelligence as you can compare your performance with the competitor and similar events.
- You can explore how people are networking at the event by seeing who is connecting with whom.
- It helps you get a fair idea of the networking opportunities the event offers and you may also take advantage of these insights in event marketing.
- A virtual event solution gives way to matchmaking. It’s artificial intelligence matches audience to drive engagement and networking
- A virtual event needs to have a strong digital presence. For that, you need two things- an event website and event app.
- Event app/website builder (as a part of your virtual event suite) helps you get a branded event app/website within a few clicks. There’s no need to do additional investment and hire a developer for getting the same.
- An interactive website is usually the first interaction that attendees have with the event. Event apps will help your event reach out to the smartphones of attendees. White label event apps also ensure that the event gets 100% branding.
- Make sure your virtual event suite contains the ticketing feature. It will be easy for both you and your attendees.
- With a ticketing system within the suite, it’s feasible to get all your sales data in one place. It will be helpful in managing the finances involved and also for estimating future projections.
The main purpose of the virtual event suite is to centralize all the components of event planning in one place. This can drastically reduce the time, effort, and money you invest in overall planning and execution. As an organizer, you can more be organized and effective with the right virtual event suite.