The event management profession is exciting and challenging. Planners often struggle to juggle brand and sponsor interests with attendee needs and other high-value integrations during the planning process.
Sometimes, difficult situations can threaten the smooth running of an event. In such scenarios, event professionals can rely on vision boards, daily affirmations, and successful event quotes to bring a little calm to their days.
It’s no surprise, either, given that one study found that event coordinators suffer more stress than taxi drivers, public relations managers, and senior executives. These successful event quotes, event promotion captions, or event management quotes can help you plan and create more thoughtful event experiences.
Whether you’re planning innovative events, tackling preparations or trying to calm your nerves when something goes wrong, we’ve compiled a list of successful event quotes specifically to inspire event planners.
Table Of Contents
- 1 12 Event Planning Quotes To Inspire Event Professionals
- 1.1 1. “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe”
- 1.2 2. “Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work.”
- 1.3 3. “Good fortune is what happens when opportunity meets with planning.”
- 1.4 4. “Uncommon thinkers reuse what common thinkers refuse.”
- 1.5 5. “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.”
- 1.6 6. “Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.”
- 1.7 7. “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails”
- 1.8 8. “Confidence and enthusiasm are the greatest sales producers in any kind of economy.”
- 1.9 9. “Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful.”
- 1.10 10. “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
- 1.11 11. “Either run the day or the day runs you.”
- 1.12 12. “I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
- 2 In Conclusion
12 Event Planning Quotes To Inspire Event Professionals
1. “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe”Abraham Lincoln
A successful event starts with good planning. Organizing an event of excellent quality requires a great deal of ambition. If you settle for what you are comfortable with, your event planning achievements will remain unchanged.
It is vital to lay the right foundation for a successful event. If you are organizing an event, make a detailed plan that includes every minute detail – you need to be prepared on event day as well.
2. “Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work.”Booker T. Washington
Everyone would do it if it were easy! The event professionals know that planning, executing, and attending a great event takes a lot of time and effort.
It is easy to feel overwhelmed by large projects and events, and it is perfectly natural to worry that you have taken on too much. Keep working on it and keep chipping away – you’ll be amazed at what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.
3. “Good fortune is what happens when opportunity meets with planning.”Thomas Edison
It’s important to be prepared – whether that is to have a backup caterer or reserve speakers in case your headliner cancels. It is not uncommon for unexpected situations to arise, but the best event professionals know how to make it out of them.
If you’re planning an event in the near future, remember these words from Edison and be ready to achieve success by doing everything you can to be prepared.
4. “Uncommon thinkers reuse what common thinkers refuse.”JRD Tata
The process of event marketing is cumulative. In the long run, it can be beneficial. If the previous event was successful, the event marketing kit can easily feature the success story, the visuals, and previous editions.
For a first edition, event marketing content should be prepared with long-term objectives in mind. With each edition, specific characteristics become synonymous with the event’s identity. It is the primary objective of the marketing plan to repurpose this identity for the purpose of enhancing event promotion.
5. “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.”Helen Keller
An event professional wouldn’t be able to accomplish anything without the support of an incredible team. It takes a team effort to create an event that guests will be talking about for weeks to come.
Take a moment to think about this event planning quote when you feel overwhelmed by organizing an event. With such a talented team, you can be confident that they will be able to handle their own responsibilities.
6. “Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.”Seth Godin
Sales can be a crucial part of events, but making sure your attendees are presented with the right products is equally important.
It is important to consider the demographic, the theme, and the tone of the event. A well-served product will bring sales naturally instead of trying to force products they don’t want, which can negatively impact their experience.
7. “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails”Willian Arthur Ward
It is common for event planners to encounter unexpected problems at all times. Ultimately, it is up to you to figure out what needs to be done.
An outdoor event venue may experience unexpected weather changes. You cannot just complain about it and sit there. Keep in mind that you should not blame anyone or get angry; focus all your energy on finding a solution instead.
8. “Confidence and enthusiasm are the greatest sales producers in any kind of economy.”O.B Smith
When you trust yourself and enjoy what you do, you will have an easier time selling your event, promoting sales, and keeping clients satisfied, because it shines through.
9. “Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful.”Hazrat Inayat Khan
We all start out with little plans, but it’s important to keep going with them if we want to feel fulfilled in life.
It is important to remember that not everyone has the skills it takes to be an event professional. Some can just see an empty space, but event professionals also see the potential to create a great event from nothing.
10. “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”Benjamin Franklin
No matter how carefully you plan an event, there will always be new problems that will shatter your plans. How you resolve these changes and complete the event smoothly will determine your success.
11. “Either run the day or the day runs you.”Jim Rohn
It’s a great event planner quote to have on your desk every morning. Make your own decisions, stick to your schedule, and do what you need to do otherwise your inbox or colleagues will soon take precedence over your real tasks.
12. “I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”Maya Angelou
The following event planning quote can be a source of inspiration for aspiring event planners. The way Angelou puts it is that with time you will learn a lot more and will inevitably start doing better jobs.
The first event is always a learning experience, so don’t be discouraged if things go wrong. Learning is a lifelong process, so keep at it.
Hard work and preparation go a long way toward achieving success. It’s impossible to predict what will happen at any given time, especially when you’re in the middle of an event. Take a deep breath and focus on solutions.
Hopefully, these successful event quotes have inspired you, motivated you and inspired you to achieve your goals today. Make sure to bookmark these event planning quotes and refer to them when you need a reminder of what you are capable of.